This page is obsolete and should be updated
GnuPG is the GNU project’s complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard as defined by RFC 4880. GnuPG allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key managment system as well as access modules for all kind of public key directories. GnuPG, also known as GPG, is a command line tool with features for easy integration with other applications. A wealth of frontend applications and libraries are available. Version 2 of GnuPG also provides support for S/MIME.
GnuPG is a free Software (meaning that it respects your freedom). It can be freely used, modified and distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Links: further reading
- The GNU Privacy Guard (GPG), a free replacement for PGP: http://www.gnupg.org
- (fr) http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/GPG
- (en) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard
- (fr) Comment crypter vos e-mails avec openPGP
- (en) G DATA GnuPG / GPG plugin for Microsoft Outlook
- (en) Enigmail GnuPG / GPG plugin for Mozilla Thunderbird
- (en) EudoraGPG, a GPG plugin for Eudora
GnuPG for Windows
- GnuPG: provide a command line tool for windows
A collection of multilingual applications for easy digital encryption and signing of content. It’s GnuPG-based, compatible with [=OpenPGP=] compliant software (like PGP) and free for commercial and personal use under the GPL.
- GPG4win: email-security using GnuPG for Windows
- PGP©© : Pretty Good Privacy